Swoop is a one-stop shop for businesses seeking finance. Our user-friendly tech platform simplifies and speeds up access to loans, grants and equity funding across Ireland and the UK. We integrate with multiple data sources to help our customers build their business profile quickly and be instantly matched to funding. Our customers also have their own financial dashboard to keep up to date on their financial and liquidity metrics and we alert them when they become eligible for new funds or savings. Once we match to the right funding or saving we manage the application process so that our customers can focus on building their business. Customers range from start-up business to larger corporates requiring capital.
We’re looking for a vibrant new team member to come join us at Swoop and start their business career with us at Swoop. The Swoop Intern will gain valuable skills and experience across a variety of sections in the business including product development, marketing, business development and administration. The Swoop Intern will get hands on experience in working in a fast spaced start-up assisting the team heads with growing and managing the business.
The roles offers the right candidate an incredible opportunity to continue building the Swoop platform and audience whilst gaining experience across a number of teams. You’ll also gain great access into a growing start-up business and see all the challenges and opportunities that it brings.
- Moderating community activity, responding to any issues in line with the Swoop community governance policy
- Writing, editing and publishing web pages on Swoop
- Optimising content for search engines and tagged in line with Swoop’s metadata framework to drive content personalisation.
- Researching and proposing story ideas suitable for the Swoop community
- Interviewing business owners to create inspiring case study articles and profile features.
- Assisting in the production of multimedia features, such as videos and photo galleries.
- Assisting with customer support
- Attending Swoop and partner events
- Researching and reporting on finance industry in UK & Ireland
- Assisting with deal management
- Assisting with CRM and Swoop admin data entry
- Testing out new features and designs on Swoop website
What are we looking for?
- Thrive in fluid, fast-moving work environments – you are independent, proactive and feel comfortable executing
- Are a natural relationship builder and enjoy connecting with people and growing our network
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both in presentation and written
- Are detail-oriented but have a “get it done” mentality
- Enjoy working with small, distributed teams
- Are a digital native and feel incredibly comfortable working with online systems/tools
- An ambitious candidate who wants to see their career and the Swoop platform go in a skyward direction
Why join Swoop
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up;
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment;
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded experts;
- Within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture;
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible working where possible.
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to ciaran@swoopfunding with the job title in the subject header.